It is said that when you meet someone for the first time, the very first thing they notice is your smile and the first impression they form about you may also be based on that smile. Having a shiny white smile is an excellent way to create a lasting impression. Here are a few tips from our Dentist in Deerfield Beach FL:
- Brushing– It’s best to brush your teeth after every meal. The one way to maintain healthy teeth and gums is to ensure that you maintain oral hygiene. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush; the ones with harder bristles can cause a significant amount of damage to your teeth, the enamel and your gums.
- Diet– You may not realize it, but your diet has a very important role to play in how healthy your teeth and gums will be. When you regularly consume healthy foods, it helps maintain oral health as bacteria don’t get a chance to form and spread in your oral cavity. Consume teeth-healthy foods such as chicken, vegetables, cheese, milk, fruits and nuts and stay away from soda, sugary foods, colas and red wine. These tend to stain the teeth.
- Floss– Regular flossing is as important as regular brushing and this helps prevent cavities. In addition, it helps prevent bad breath too and keeps your teeth very clean and white. You can floss your teeth once at night, but ensure that you don’t floss too hard and hurt your gums.
- Quit Smoking- Smoking is definitely harmful to your health, but it also damages the teeth and gums. It encourages plaque buildup, bad breath and teeth discoloration. Smokeless tobacco also wears down the teeth & gums and this ups the chances of tooth decay.
- Dentist in Deerfield Beach FL Visit– Make it a point to visit your dentist at least twice a year. The best way to maintain your pearlies is to get a regular dental checkup. Not only will your dentist clean your teeth, but he will also thoroughly check your teeth for cavities, gingivitis and plaque buildup. When these are detected early, it also leads to earlier treatment & much healthier teeth.
Follow these 5 important tips from our expert Dentist in Deerfield Beach FL, and you will notice the marked difference in the appearance of your smile and the health of your teeth and gums.