Crowns and Bridges
Crowns and Bridges in Deerfield Beach FL
Dental crowns and bridges are important tools for protecting and reinforcing your teeth. Crowns and bridges help protect teeth, to provide you with a beautiful white smile.
At Maureen O’Flanagan, we offer dental crown and bridge services for patients with weakened or missing teeth. We provide a diagnosis that can help you determine whether you need a crown or bridge. Once we’ve made a diagnosis, we’ll provide the crown or bridge to help you.
Dental Crown Services in Deerfield Beach
What is a dental crown? A crown is a cap that fits over your tooth. Dental crowns are used to protect teeth that have been damaged and are weakened by that damage. A properly placed dental crown can prevent your tooth from becoming chipped, cracked or further damaged. Dental crowns are also placed on implants, to make the implant look like a real tooth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Realistic appearance. Dental crowns look like your natural teeth. In fact, your dentist will choose a color that matches your natural teeth, so no one will be able to tell the difference between your crown and the other teeth in your mouth.
- Restores strength and functionality to your tooth. A good dental crown will make an otherwise weakened tooth just as strong as a natural tooth.
- Fill the gaps between your teeth. When a crown is used to cap an implant, the crown fills the gap in your mouth to keep your teeth in place.
Bridge Services in Deerfield Beach
What is a dental bridge? A dental bridge is an artificial tooth that fills the gap between missing teeth. Dental bridges are anchored to crowns placed on existing teeth, to keep the artificial tooth in place. Like a dental crown, a properly placed bridge looks just like a natural tooth. Your dentist will choose a color for your crown that matches your other teeth, so you can’t tell the difference.
Benefits of a Dental Bridge
- Realistic appearance. Dental crowns are molded to look just like natural teeth. They’re indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Simplifies chewing. Having gaps in your teeth can make chewing difficult. With a dental bridge filling the gaps between your teeth, chewing will be easier.
- Prevents teeth from shifting in the mouth. If you’re missing teeth, your existing teeth may start to shift. The dental bridge prevents this from happening.
Who Needs a Dental Crown?
You may need a dental crown in Deerfield Beach FL if you have a weakened or chipped tooth. If you’ve had a root canal, your dentist will place a crown on the remaining tooth. If you’re missing a tooth and choose to get an implant, the part of your implant that looks like a tooth will be an implant.
Who Needs a Dental Bridge?
If you’re missing one or more teeth, then you may benefit from a dental bridge. Your dental professional in Deerfield Beach FL will help you decide if a dental bridge is right for you.
Why Maureen O’Flanagan for Crowns and Bridges?
At Maureen O’Flanagan DDS, we help patients in Deerfield Beach decide whether a dental crown or bridge is right for them. Do you have a gap in your teeth, or perhaps a weakened tooth? A dental crown or bridge in Deerfield Beach FL may be right for you. Call today to make an appointment.