Invisalign Services in Deerfield, FL
Are your teeth crooked? Misaligned? Crowded? Crooked and misaligned teeth can cause a variety of problems. Many people who have crooked, crowded or misaligned teeth feel self-conscious about their smile, which can impact their personal relationships.
Misaligned teeth can also suffer greater wear and tear than teeth that are properly aligned, while teeth that are crowded can be tough to floss and maintain. There’s a solution to your problem! Invisalign services in Deerfield Beach FL can help restore proper alignment to your teeth. At Maureen O’Flanagan DDS, we provide Invisalign to patients in need of orthodontic services. Here’s what to know.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an effective alternative to braces. Like braces, Invisalign can gently move the teeth to their proper position, until they’re in complete alignment. Unlike braces, Invisalign is nearly invisible. Braces are made of metal or ceramic, whereas Invisalign is made from clear resin. This is why Invisalign is referred to as clear aligners.
Invisalign is a relatively new type of orthodontic treatment that can help patients make their smiles straight and beautiful.
Do You Need Invisalign?
Not everyone needs Invisalign. You might need clear aligners if you have symptoms of poorly aligned teeth, such as:
- Your teeth appear crooked, misaligned or crowded
- You don’t want to call attention to your braces
- You often bite the inside of your mouth
- You have a hard time pronouncing certain sounds, or speak with a lisp
If you suspect that you need braces, talk to your dentist. Your dentist in Deerfield Beach FL can help you determine whether clear aligners are right for your needs.
Benefits of Invisalign
There are many benefits of Invisalign clear aligners, including:
- Appearance. No need to feel self-conscious about your smile when you’re wearing clear aligners. They’re nearly invisible!
- Effective. Whether you have a malocclusion or simply have a mouth of crowded teeth, Invisalign can be a tool to help restore your smile.
- Removable. Clear aligners don’t have to stay in one spot! You can take out Invisalign clear aligners any time you want – which makes it easier to clean your teeth and also easier to eat foods that might otherwise cause damage to your aligners.
How Do Clear Aligners Compare to Braces?
Often, clear aligners can be used in place of braces to correct orthodontic problems. Since these products can do essentially the same job, clear aligners and braces are often compared to each other. Here’s what people love about Invisalign clear aligners:
- Convenience. Because Invisalign is removable, clear aligners are easier to manage than braces. Invisalign is easier to maintain and can make cleaning your teeth much easier as well.
- No more wire tightening. Braces need to have their wires tightened on a regular basis to do their job – Invisalign does not require this. You’ll wear your Invisalign clear aligners for a while, until your teeth have shifted slightly – then your dentist will give you new aligners.
Do You Need Invisalign? Contact Maureen O’Flanagan
At Maureen O’Flanagan DDS, we diagnose and treat orthodontic problems like crowded mouth, crooked teeth and more. If you suffer from crooked teeth, use our convenient online scheduling form to make your appointment. Call us today.